With Ted and Will at home entertaining guests, Lauren and I decided to visit the farm on our own. At two, she's excited and willing to help bag and carry our share back to the car. And she's curious about the vegetables. When I pick her up to look at the day's offerings she asks, "What's that Mom?" I'll let her touch and smell the veggies, too, which she loves. She was on the look out for radishes again this week, but instead we left with beets. Besides salads, what do we do with beets?
Anyway, she loved using the scale for small red potatoes and kept adding more, putting us way beyond our 1 lb. limit. I had to remind her to leave some for the other shareholders. She listened, until she found a box of green and yellow squash under the table. While I was choosing herbs, she was busy filling her arms with squash.
On the way to the flowers, Lauren spotted Justin's tractor and wanted to ride it. I took a few pictures of her near it, which I'll post soon.
It was fun cutting flowers with her. She had her own little pair of scissors and we made a nice bouquet of clarkia in orange, white, yellow, pink and red. The clarkia is so beautiful and hardy - our bouquets have easily been lasting a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment