My family is in town, so Will and I convinced my Mom (a self-described city girl) to join us for Tuesday's pick up. She was curious about the vegetables available, although this week provided a lot of the same - lettuce, kale, herbs, scallions, radishes, beets and two new items, cucumbers and onions. I'm finding it challenging these days to get excited about the kale and radishes. My mother, in her infinite wisdom, questioned "If you don't like them, why don't you just leave them there?" She made a good point, but somehow leaving behind previously paid for veggies felt wasteful. Instead I did a little internet research and found Top 20 Kale Recipes on allrecipes.com. While a lot of the recipes were for soups, I found a Sweet Pepper Pasta Toss with Kale recipe that was delicious. We added some garlic chicken sausage and onions to give it a little extra flavor.
Back to the farm, my Mom worried about the tall grass and ticks while walking to the flowers. Still, she picked a beautiful bouquet - the woman has a flair for arranging - and we made it back to the car, tick free. She would never admit it, but I think she enjoyed her visit. I finally took some photos and will post them soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment